Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Thursday, September 10, 2009

When you feel tempted

When you feel tempted:
“Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow” (James 1:2-3). Heavenly Father, I know You are strong. I need help right now, because I am being tempted to join activities that I know are not good or appropriate for me. Give me strength to say ‘no thanks’ to this pressure. Help me to find something else to keep myself busy in place of the activities my peers want me to participate in. You are my strength in this, Lord. I thank You Heavenly Father for understanding all the temptations that face teenagers today, and what it takes to refrain from being lured in the wrong direction. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen. Helpful Resources: Psalm 1:1-3; 119:11; Luke 22:31-32; Ephesians 6:10-11; Hebrews 2:18; 4:15-16; James 1:12-14; 4:7; 1 Peter 1:6-7; 1 John 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment